The Company: 21st Century Equipment Position
Title: Location Manager
Reports to: Region Manager
Location: Longmont, CO
21st Century Equipment is a leading John Deere dealership headquartered in Scottsbluff, Nebraska with 26 agriculture equipment store locations across western Nebraska, eastern Colorado and southeastern Wyoming. Our mission is to make farming easier by creating customer value in all we do.
For those who work the land and are looking to maximize their productivity and profitability, 21st Century Equipment helps empower their success by enabling our people with sufficient resources, innovative technologies, products and services to best support their evolving needs with the sincere promise that we’ll always care about our customers — and their land.
Our passion for agriculture runs deep. From helping farmers, ranchers, homeowners and businesses find success to empowering our own team’s growth, we take great pride in who we are and what we do. With more than 350 team members, our family is always here for you —developing solutions, delivering success!
The Location Manager is responsible for the location’s total operations including managing assets, empowering employees, and meeting financial objectives, all done in a safe and fun work environment. This position will lead, manage and grow a multimillion-dollar operation with a customer base of Turf, Small Tractor & Compact Construction Equipment (CCE).
The Location Manager will build a strong, empowered employee team that is focused on the customer and will be dedicated to developing the team to their fullest potential. He/she will manage and cultivate customer relationships, be the local “face” of the dealership and be actively involved in the community.
This position directly supervises Salespeople, Service and Parts Managers, and indirectly supervises all other location personnel. The Location Manager works closely with the Regional Manager, Vice President of Sales, Vice President of Aftermarket, Vice President of Precision Ag, Finance, Human Resources and Marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop “best in Class” Sales, Service and Parts departments. Employee performance management.
- Manage for profit and growth thru P&L management, Customer Experience, Market Share and other metrics set forth by the Company.
- Responsible for all facets of precision ag technology adoption across the dealership.
- Ensure a safe work environment and fully support all safety initiatives “lead by example”.
- Maintain Company assets.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Preferred BS-Ag Business, Engineering or related field but not required. Relevant John Deere experience is desired.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of leadership and people management experience.
- Retail agriculture equipment experience preferred; or experience from relevant industry.
SPECIAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills. Strong planning and organizational skills. Sound computer, database, spread sheet, email and business system application skills.
- Requires potential short periods of strenuous physical activity Extended periods of sitting and hours on computer. Must be able to occasionally lift 50lbs.
***THIS COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT WILL.” THE AFFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.***
ABOUT CORNERSTONE KANSAS CITY:
Cornerstone Kansas City is a leading retained executive search firm based in Prairie Village, Kansas that helps great companies recruit great people. For more than 40 years, Cornerstone Kansas City has excelled in serving its client companies with executive talent acquisition across the Central Midwest region of the United States. Cornerstone Kansas City has successfully completed more than 1,600 retained executive search assignments for C-suite, President, Vice President, Director and Management-level positions. To inquire about how Cornerstone Kansas City can serve your executive talent acquisition needs, please click here to visit our website.
Please send resume or referrals to:
Celebrating 40 Years in Executive Search
5200 W 94th Terr., Suite 202, Prairie Village, KS 66207
Phone: (913) 341-7655
Consultants to Management in Executive Search
More than 1600 retained searches completed