The Company: 21st Century Equipment Position
Title: Territory Aftermarket Manager
Reports to: Region Manager
Location: Lamar, CO, Holly, CO, Rocky Ford, CO
21st Century Equipment is a leading John Deere dealership headquartered in Scottsbluff, Nebraska with 26 agriculture equipment store locations across western Nebraska, eastern Colorado and southeastern Wyoming. Our mission is to make farming easier by creating customer value in all we do.
For those who work the land and are looking to maximize their productivity and profitability, 21st Century Equipment helps empower their success by enabling our people with sufficient resources, innovative technologies, products and services to best support their evolving needs with the sincere promise that we’ll always care about our customers — and their land.
Our passion for agriculture runs deep. From helping farmers, ranchers, homeowners and businesses find success to empowering our own team’s growth, we take great pride in who we are and what we do. With more than 350 team members, our family is always here for you —developing solutions, delivering success!
The Territory Aftermarket Manager is responsible for oversight of all parts and service operations to maximize return on investment by growing customer labor and parts sales through process implementation aimed at sustainable long-term growth. This position will lead, manage and grow the Parts and Service Department for a customer base of Large Ag.
The Territory Aftermarket Manager will build a strong, empowered employee team that is focused on the customer and will be dedicated to developing the team to their fullest potential.
This position directly supervises two Parts Managers, two Service Managers and up to 25 total employees. The Aftermarket Territory Manager works closely with the Territory Sales Manager, Regional Manager, Vice President of Sales, Vice President of Aftermarket, Vice President of Precision Ag, Finance, Human Resources and Marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead parts and service management personnel to proactively post, interview and hire for all department needs
- Take an “active” role in Ag Tech early recruitment with all territory schools.
- Ensure appropriate execution of onboarding activities related to hiring, developing and retaining of technical and parts personnel
- Ensure Territory Metrics meet or exceed corporately defined parameters and benchmarks.
- Monitor Technician Performance and Production to meet corporate performance goals
- Participate in reviews (when appropriate) to determine wage increases and monitor location workload while providing opportunities for training and growth.
- Optimize CSR Utilization to support corporate goals
- Assist / prepare for annual budgets for responsible departments / locations
- Drive proper execution of Parts and Service Dept. processes to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and departmental profitability.
- Ensure the appropriate appearance and maintenance of all Parts and Service Dept. assets.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of leadership and people management experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in John Deere Parts or Service Department operations.
SPECIAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to manage and motivate individuals as well as a group.
- Working knowledge of Salary and Commission base compensation.
- Basic understanding of financial principles related to overall Parts and Service Department Operations.
- You must be able to lift 50lbs regularly, extensive hours on a computer. You may be working in harsh weather conditions from extreme heat to winter blizzard conditions. You will need to be able to climb ladders to access equipment or be able to crawl under equipment to determine proper repair procedures.
***THIS COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, INTERPRET, OR APPLY THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN ANY WAY THE COMPANY DESIRES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES, INCLUDING ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TO BE PERFORMED BY THE EMPLYEE OCCUPYING THIS POSITION. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP REMAINS “AT WILL.” THE AFFOREMENTIONED JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE QUALIFIED DISABLED INDIVIDUALS.***
ABOUT CORNERSTONE KANSAS CITY:
Cornerstone Kansas City is a leading retained executive search firm based in Prairie Village, Kansas that helps great companies recruit great people. For more than 40 years, Cornerstone Kansas City has excelled in serving its client companies with executive talent acquisition across the Central Midwest region of the United States. Cornerstone Kansas City has successfully completed more than 1,600 retained executive search assignments for C-suite, President, Vice President, Director and Management-level positions. To inquire about how Cornerstone Kansas City can serve your executive talent acquisition needs, please click here to visit our website.
Please send resume or referrals to:
Celebrating 40 Years in Executive Search
5200 W 94th Terr., Suite 202, Prairie Village, KS 66207
Phone: (913) 341-7655
Consultants to Management in Executive Search
More than 1600 retained searches completed