The Company: CommunityAmerica Credit Union
Position Title: Vice President, Human Resources
Reports to: SVP Human Resources
Location: Lenexa, KS
The Vice President of Human Resources will be responsible for providing HR leadership and partnering with business leaders to develop HR strategies and programs that support credit union business initiatives. Overall responsibilities include leading HR in the areas of talent acquisition, HR business partnerships/consulting, total rewards, employee relations and employee engagement initiatives. The VP ensures alignment with CommunityAmerica strategies, vision and values and fosters an environment that support a best place to work culture with increasing employee engagement and retention.
This position has leadership responsibility of up to twelve (12) employees, with direct supervision of the Manager, ER & Engagement; Manager Talent Acquisition; Sr Payroll Specialist; SR HR Business Partner; Lead Benefits Specialist and Associate HR Business Partner/Compensation.
At CommunityAmerica, we believe in making unbelievable things happen. We do unbelievable things to move all of Kansas City toward the financial peace of mind they deserve, from sharing our profits with our members to investing millions into our community. Because together, we all win. CommunityAmerica Credit Union has grown into one of the largest credit unions in the country at $4.6 billion and is a top 10 Kansas City-based financial institution.
CommunityAmerica has been named one of Kansas City Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in Kansas City for the past five years with over 860 employees located in 34 locations across the metropolitan area and expanding our footprint in St. Louis. We strive to create an engaging, caring and fun environment for all of our employees.
Strategic Leader & HR Partner
- Develops HR strategies and programs that position the organization for success while cultivating a caring and innovative culture.
- Develops partnerships with leaders and employees throughout the credit union. Works with HR Business Partners to provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and proactive, value-added support.
- Develops and implements HR programs and policies that are aligned with credit union strategic objectives.
- Leads HR culture integration and project management through credit union mergers and acquisitions.
- Manages HR change management strategies and initiatives.
Fosters Employee Engagement & Culture
- Develops employee engagement and well-being strategies and implements key initiatives. Measures plans to ensure that initiatives are driving increased employee engagement, retention of employees and producing a positive ROI for the credit union.
- Partners with Talent Development to identify and develop programs to support the talent development needs of the organization. Designs and implements performance management, recognition, succession planning and culture programs to support this.
- Oversees DEIB programs that are directly aligned with and support the culture of the credit union.
- Creates alignment with marketing and brand standards to promote HR programs, engagement, and well-being activities. Develops creative and consistent employee communication methods through a variety of channels to meet the needs of our employees.
- Develops talent acquisition strategies to ensure that we are hiring a diverse and talented workforce and ongoing plans to retain talent.
- Leads total rewards strategies (benefits, payroll and compensation practices) to offer best-in-class programs that meet the needs of our employees.
- Prepare and manage an annual budget consistent with HR strategies.
- Creates overall strategies for HRIS and ancillary systems utilized by the organization to drive innovation and efficiencies in processes and programs.
- Oversees employee relations function within HR and provides support, guidance, and coaching/counseling to leaders. Ensures effective investigation and resolution of employee relations issues, conflicts in work groups, and anticipates problems whenever possible. Creates proactive plans to alleviate employee situations from escalation.
- Develops HR programs and policies to ensure that the credit union in operating in adherence with laws and regulations. Manages through EEOC or other legal issues, obtains appropriate expert legal advice and responds to requests in a timely manner.
Leading a High Performing HR Team
- Leads a team of HR professionals that support the business. Recruits the best talent, provides regular and meaningful feedback, provides development opportunities, and motivates them for maximum performance.
- Designs roles that challenge and development employees and holds them accountable for overall performance.
- Exhibits values on a daily basis as a leader in HR and for all employees in the credit union.
- Maximizes the HR team effectiveness and develops each team member to grow in their career.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field (Required)
- 7+ years progressive human resources experience
- 5+ years leading managers experience (Required)
- Proven experience in development of HR strategies that drive employee engagement
- Professional HR certification preferred
- Knowledge of HCM systems, preferably Workday and/or ADP.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly translate business strategies into critical talent & workforce initiatives.
- Proficiency in assessing data and applying creative problem solving to discover useful and actionable information
- Ability to present information internally and externally through compelling story-telling and simplified communication
- Ability to proactively develop and execute company’s people priorities
- Ability to influence the organization leaders work with people of varying backgrounds and organizational levels
- Ability to multitask, probe, analyze and problem-solve issues with minimal guidance
- Ability to be highly flexible and adapt to changing structures and priorities
- Ability to matrix manage multiple teams and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally
- Ability to lead projects and change management at all levels.
About Cornerstone Kansas City:
Cornerstone Kansas City is a leading retained executive search firm based in Prairie Village, Kansas that helps great companies recruit great people. For more than 40 years, Cornerstone Kansas City has excelled in serving its client companies with executive talent acquisition, leadership development and career transition services across the Central Midwest region of the United States. Cornerstone Kansas City has successfully completed more than 1,600 retained executive search assignments for C-suite, President, Vice President, Director and Senior Management-level positions. To inquire about how Cornerstone Kansas City can serve your executive talent acquisition needs, please click here to visit our website.
Please send resume or referrals to:
Celebrating 40 Years in Executive Search
5200 W 94th Terr., Suite 202, Prairie Village, KS 66207
Phone: (913) 754-2095
Consultants to Management in Executive Search More than 1600 retained searches completed