The Company: Burger & Brown Engineering Position
Title: Master Scheduler
Reports to: Plant Manager
Location: Grandview, MO (Kansas City)
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a growth-oriented, next generation specialty manufacturer? Are you seeking a culture that thrives in a fast-paced environment where you care as much about the people as you do the work?
If so, we have the opportunity for you! Burger & Brown Engineering, one of Kansas City’s hidden gems for one-stop-shop specialty manufacturing, is a seeking a Master Scheduler to develop production schedules in accordance with sales forecasts, plant and associate capacity and new business opportunities. The Master Scheduler will plan, establish and manage production schedules and deliverables to meet, achieve and exceed customer demands. This position is 100% onsite.
This is a newly created position is necessary to continue the rapid growth Burger & Brown Engineering is experience. Culture fit is a key ingredient for our company and this position! Burger & Brown Engineering strives to attract the ideal team player who is humble, hungry and smart. If this opportunity aligns with your career goals and ideal company culture, let’s have a conversation!
Brown & Burger is a privately-owned, next generation, precision manufacturing company in Grandview, Missouri founded in 1978. Our motto for growth is “Work for Others”, with services that include Industrial Automation, Conventional CNC Machining, Micro-Milling, Swiss Turning, Custom Injection Molding and Contract Engineering. Our customers require close tolerance performance from their suppliers and understand the value of our technical services.
With these services, we offer Engineered Solutions to industry sectors of Aerospace, Energy, Medical, Semiconductor and more. The company has a strong focus on culture, new technologies, and cutting-edge manufacturing processes while preparing for the future of precision engineering in Kansas City.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborates with respective departments to establish schedules and plans that allocate available resources to best serve client or customer needs.
- Serves as a primary point of contact for and liaison with sales, purchasing, and manufacturing departments.
- Identifies and communicates scheduling conflicts to manufacturing, sales, and purchasing to obtain resolutions and maintain on-time delivery.
- Work with manufacturing and sales to re-sequence /re-schedule contracts that cannot be manufactured as originally planned.
- Periodically compares current and anticipated orders with available inventory of raw materials; uses judgment to anticipate demand for and to acquire additional supplies as needed.
- Partners with Purchasing Manager to assist with outside supply vendors; to ensure accurate and timely delivery of orders.
- Plan and schedule workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Integrates sales orders with master schedule; coordinates availability of raw materials, supplies, equipment, and staff as needed to meet delivery dates.
- Participates in periodic forecasting meetings with sales, marketing, and other related departments; leads additional planning meetings with sales, production, shipping, and purchasing. Tracks actual vs quoted.
- Strong knowledge of scheduling and supply chain process.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
Essential Core Values
Our values, Integrity, Pride, and Awareness, are the foundation of our culture on which we develop relationships and deliver results at Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. Our values unify us in our effort to provide our customers with expertise, experience, and meticulous attention to detail, Your Partner in Precision.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- At least five years of related experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of production lead times.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals and tasks with teams through teamwork.
- Proficient use of computer systems and software applications.
- Knowledge of ERP preferred.
- Fast learner with ability to think abstractly to understand various linkages between all manufacturing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Standing for extended periods on hard surfaces
- Regular physical movement and exertion
- Constant movement; up/down from a sitting position as well as walking
Why Join Our Team?
Our success is driven by the hard work and dedication of our team of highly skilled associates. We provide the best possible engineering and manufacturing service to our customers in many different industries. Our associates are heavily involved in the success and completion of each project, which is an opportunity to learn new skills and enjoy continued professional growth.
With under 100 employees, we advocate preventative care for a healthier workforce. Our average tenure on the manufacturing floor is 10 years and our manufacturing facility is 100% climate-controlled to ensure consistent product conformity and comfortable working conditions. Associates enjoy these benefits in joining our team:
- Medical Insurance Paid Vacation
- Dental Insurance Paid Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance Paid Holidays
- Healthcare Reimbursement Acct Continuing Education Assistance
- 401(k) Match Contributions Casual, comfortable attire
About Cornerstone Kansas City:
Cornerstone Kansas City is a leading retained executive search firm based in Prairie Village, Kansas that helps great companies recruit great people. For more than 40 years, Cornerstone Kansas City has excelled in serving its client companies with executive talent acquisition across the Central Midwest region of the United States. Cornerstone Kansas City has successfully completed more than 1,600 retained executive search assignments for C-suite, President, Vice President, Director and Management-level positions. To inquire about how Cornerstone Kansas City can serve your executive talent acquisition needs, please click here to visit our website.
Please send resume or referrals to:
Celebrating 40 Years in Executive Search
5200 W 94th Terr., Suite 202, Prairie Village, KS 66207
Phone: (913) 225-9776
Consultants to Management in Executive Search
More than 1600 retained searches completed