|THE COMPANY: Burger & Brown Engineering|
POSITION TITLE: Plant Manager
REPORTS TO: President
LOCATION: Grandveiw, MO
Brown & Burger is a privately-held, precision manufacturing company in Grandview, Missouri founded in 1978. Our motto for growth is “Work for Others” services including Industrial Automation, Conventional CNC Machining, Micro-Milling, Swiss Turning, Custom Injection Molding, and Contract Engineering. With these services, we offer Engineered Solutions to industry sectors of: Medical, Semiconductor, Aerospace, Energy, and more. The company is focusing on our culture, shifting toward new technologies, and manufacturing processes while preparing for the future of precision engineering in Kansas City.
Are you strategic, assertive, and forward-thinking? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you care as much about the people as you do the process and details? Burger and Brown are looking for a Plant Manager to lead all operational strategies, objectives, and processes across multiple manufacturing and revenue- generating departments. Primary responsibilities include the planning, organizing, and direction of all manufacturing and warehouse team members to ensure workplace safety, quality, efficiency, customer satisfaction, and profitability.
- Responsible for delivering projects on time in full consistently
- Responsible for daily huddles for efficiency and productivity
- Review activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with production.
- Direct administrative activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Prepare staff work schedules and assign specific duties.
- Involved in activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
- Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with board members, organization officials, or staff members.
- Perform personnel functions, such as selection, training, or evaluation.
- Manage the movement of goods within production to ensure efficiency, effectiveness, or sustainability of operations.
- Implement or oversee, environmental management or sustainability programs addressing issues such as recycling, conservation, or waste management.
- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources
- Develop a culture based on open and honest dialogue and involvement of all employees that demonstrates the value of their input and engagement in improving performance.
- Collaborates with Human Resources and other function leaders to create and execute effective associate relations processes and develops managers to do the same in order to maintain a positive working environment
- Assist in evaluating current and proposed systems and procedures. Recommends changes when necessary and assists in the implementation of new processes
- Oversees the daily activities of the manufacturing floor, workflow, and worker schedules, and instructs supervisory staff as appropriate. Checks production schedule daily. Notifies QC, Supervisors, and HR of any changes
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem-solving, cost reduction, and efficiencies both on a daily and permanent basis. Encourage new techniques and innovation and focus on empowerment and fact-based problem solving
- Conducts regular departmental and manufacturing meetings and outlines specific goals and responsibilities
- Walks manufacturing regularly. Observes manager’s and associate’s performance to ensure good work habits and good safety habits are followed. Coaches’ management staff and other persons as appropriate in case of unsafe/unacceptable practices
Essential Core Values
Our values, Integrity, Pride, and Awareness, are the foundation of our culture on which we develop relationships and deliver results at Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. Our values unify us in our effort to provide our customers with expertise, experience, and meticulous attention to detail, Partner in Precision.
- As an associate of the Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. team, support and maintain a positive culture by upholding our values, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, or a related field
- 3 to 5 years of day-to-day production supervisory experience or operations management in a manufacturing environment with multiple direct reports.
- Effective communication with all levels of associates, suppliers, and customers by phone, email, or in person.
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coach, mentor, or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skill
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills Computer/ Technical Skills
- Document management software (Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat)
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ERP Systems Problem Solving/ Reasoning Ability
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Standing for extended periods on hard surfaces
- Regular physical movement and exertion
- Constant movement; up/down from a sitting position as well as walking
Why Join Our Team?
Our success is driven by the hard work and dedication of our team of highly skilled associates. We provide the best possible engineering and manufacturing service to our customers in many different industries.
Our associates are heavily involved in the success and completion of each project which, is an opportunity to learn new skills and enjoy continued professional growth.
Associates enjoy these benefits in joining our team:
- Medical Insurance Paid Vacation
- Dental Insurance Paid Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance Paid Holidays
- Healthcare Reimbursement Acct Continuing Education Assistance
- 401(k) Match Contributions Casual, comfortable attire
Burger & Brown Engineering, Inc. is a privately-owned company We advocate preventative care for a healthier workforce Average tenure on the manufacturing floor is 10 years Conveniently located in Grandview, Missouri
Under 100 Employees
Our manufacturing facility is 100% climate-controlled to ensure consistent product conformity and comfortable working conditions.
What We Do?
Brown and Burger are a one-stop shop for specialty manufacturing. Services include Industrial Automation, Conventional CNC Machining, Micro-Milling, Swiss Turning, Custom Injection Molding, and Contract Engineering.
We offer Engineered Solutions to industry sectors of: Medical, Semiconductor, Aerospace, Energy, and more. These customers require close tolerance performance from their suppliers and understand the value of our technical services.
About Cornerstone Kansas City: Cornerstone Kansas City is a leading retained executive search firm that helps great companies recruit great people. For more than 40 years, Cornerstone Kansas City has excelled in serving its client companies with executive talent acquisition across the Central Midwest region of the United States. Cornerstone Kansas City has successfully completed more than 1,600 retained executive search assignments for C-suite, President, Vice President, Director and Management-level positions. To inquire about how Cornerstone Kansas City can serve your executive talent acquisition needs, please click here to visit our website.
Please send resume or referrals to:
Celebrating 40 Years in Executive Search
5200 W 94th Terr., Suite 202, Prairie Village, KS 66207
Phone: (913) 225-9776
Consultants to Management in Executive Search
More than 1600 retained searches completed