Position Title: Territory Manager
Reports to: Regional Manager, North America
Location: North East Region (PA, NJ, NY)
Our client is the world’s leader in manufacturing, engineering, and distributing wire rope, synthetic rope, specialized assemblies, wire products and electromechanical cable. They focus on SUPPORT — support for industry’s that need to anchor, pull, lift, span, suspend, control, transmit, and move people, equipment, and materials worldwide. With true global reach that includes over 20 businesses that span the US, Europe, Latin America, Africa and the South Pacific, they can deliver the right products for equipment and applications that serve the construction, heavy industry, mining, oil & Gas, architectural structures, fishing and maritime industries no matter where the worksite might be.
Trusted Products | Unmatched Expertise | Customer Relationships
Company profile: https://youtu.be/6CJwd_yXZAY
WireCo is the strength behind the world’s evolution, through deep legacy and forward thinking, we create premium ropes that inspire innovation without limits. WireCo® is headquartered in Prairie Village, Kansas with manufacturing plants, distribution facilities and research and development centers worldwide.
This is a critical role for the organization in WireCo’s journey to “be the preferred supplier to our core customers”. This position will promote commercial excellence through world class territory management fully leveraging WireCo’s channels to market.
As a Territory Manager, you are ultimately responsible for the growth of your territory and accounts. While your Regional Manager (RM) will provide support and guidance, you must display leadership and accountability for growing your territory and ensuring customers receive the highest quality experience. Your ultimate success is measured by your ability to meet or exceed your sales territory budget and pricing expectations.
The principal focus of this role will be to maintain and expand WireCo’s market share in the Southeast region, focusing on Crane, General Purpose, Mining, and Energy Industries. This position will work remotely with frequent travel, including overnight and international.
Region: Northeast United States (OH, WV, VA, DC, MD, DE, NJ, CT, RI, MA, NH, PA, NY, VT, ME)
The Territory Manager must exhibit the behaviors of the WireCo Business System (WBS):
- Teamwork – welcomes an environment of inclusiveness and healthy debate that reflects our team’s strength
- Accountable – celebrates our successes, learn from failures, avoid excuses, and own the outcomes of our efforts
- Self-Aware – demonstrates an understanding of our strengths and needs, considering how our actions impact others
- Noble Intent – acts in the interests of others, approaching our work with integrity to ensure the best outcome
- Determined – takes initiative, share ideas and find solutions to win and achieve our goals
- Transparent – promotes open and honest communication and constructive feedback for clarity and truth
- Curious – seeks knowledge and outside input to test our way of thinking, challenging the status quo
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Scope Measures (Specific targets to be set during goal setting process.)
- Total revenue targets
- Revenue growth
- Quote-to-win ratio
- New customer acquisition counts (distributor or end user)
- Pricing targets
- Leadership accountability
Sales and Strategy
- Deliver against your sales territory incoming orders budget and margin/pricing expectations by growing your assigned account list and capturing new business opportunities (i.e., from end users, OEMs and distributors)
- Add value by leveraging relevant industry, technical, and WireCo internal knowledge (i.e., WireCo engineering resources, WireCo University training, Wire Rope User’s Manual, WireCo Website, etc.) to place yourself as an expert and solutions provider
- Effectively manage sales channels within sales territory to minimize potential channel conflicts by forecasting volume, monitoring customer inventories, and obtaining competitive intelligence
- Build an understanding of the customer landscape in your territory by carefully reviewing specific opportunities to identify potential channel conflict, and thoughtfully manage potential channel conflicts by working with your Regional Manager
- Ensure customer issues are being effectively resolved, becoming involved and escalating to sales leadership as appropriate
- Deliver against SIOP by working closely with the Product Manager and managing the sales processes in support of those goals
- Manage travel and entertainment budgets to maximize time spent interacting with customers and prospects
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key decision-makers and influencers at each of your assigned accounts in order to better understand the needs of both distributors and end users
- Work closely with your Business Development Managers to carry out end market strategies and actions for identified growth targets in your region
- Spend approximately 20% of the time communicating with internal stakeholders, such as but not limited to, Sales Management, Customer Care and Marketing Team, and Engineering Management.
- Spend approximately 80% of the time communicating with external stakeholders, such as customers and prospects.
Key Skills Required:
- Account Management
- Customer Insights
- Customer Relationship Management
- New Business Development
- Revenue Growth
- Sales Process / Sandler Sales System
- Target Accounts
- At least 3-7 years of relevant work experience in a similar position / within relevant industry
- Strong market knowledge of Southeast United States
- Must be able to travel 50% (including overnight and international) without restriction
- Formal Sandler Sales Training will be required within the first year of employment (company sponsored)
- Active driver’s license
- Valid passport required for business travel purposes
Materials and Equipment Directly Used
- Standard office equipment including computer, mouse, keyboard, telephone, multifunction copier
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of past employment, criminal history and educational background.
- Must be willing and able to pass a post-offer drug screen and physical (if required)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
About Cornerstone Kansas City:
Cornerstone Kansas City is a leading retained executive search firm based in Prairie Village, Kansas that helps great companies recruit great people. For more than 40 years, Cornerstone Kansas City has excelled in serving its client companies with executive talent acquisition across the Central Midwest region of the United States. Cornerstone Kansas City has successfully completed more than 1,600 retained executive search assignments for C-suite, President, Vice President, Director and Management-level positions. To inquire about how Cornerstone Kansas City can serve your executive talent acquisition needs, please click here to visit our website.
Celebrating 40 Years in Executive Search
5200 W 94th Terr., Suite 202, Prairie Village, KS 66207
Phone: (913) 754-2095
Consultants to Management in Executive Search
More than 1600 retained searches completed