So much going on in the world. So many changes to the way we do business. Hybrid, remote, work-life balance…all considerations moved to the forefront of employee and candidate consideration. It is a candidate market right now. What does that mean? It means:
- High demand for top talent and limited supply
- More time, effort, and resources needed to identify top talent
- More difficulty attracting top talent
- Additional strain on HR departments
When should an organization consider using an executive search firm to assist in their recruiting effort? According to the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC), below are some instances when partnership with an executive search firm ensures a more effective search:
- If organization is looking for best in market talent for an executive or board role. These roles typically require candidates not actively looking for a new position.
- If organization wants to reduce the risk of a bad executive hire that can cost the company money and time as well as impact morale, performance, productivity and culture.
- If the search is confidential.
- If it is a newly created executive position requiring consulting assistance in defining the role and desired profile.
It is competitive out there. When you have an important executive hiring need, make certain you are accessing every tool available to ensure a successful outcome.